I have been writing fiction for over thirty years, mostly for the enjoyment of me and my friends (that is, fan fiction!) – and writing is my love and my vocation, so of course that’s where my dreams and ambitions are. In the meantime, technical writing (mostly eLearning) helps to pay the mortgage.
I was born in England, and lived most of my life in Australia, before returning to the UK a few years ago; my dual nationality means that I am often a bit too cheeky, but will always apologise for it. I love the Australian lifestyle, but I also love Britain’s very real sense of history, and it’s so wonderful to have the rest of Europe so close by. We enjoy roaming ruined castles and Tudor mansions, and I am delighted to visit (and even occasionally work!) where John Keats and other literary heroes lived and worked.
I am fascinated by film and television, both the product and how it’s made. I greatly enjoyed the BBC’s most recent take on the Arthurian legends. These interests, along with my love of the English and Welsh (and indeed French) countryside and castles, have combined to form the web site Merlin Locations.
Two bits of paper I’m particularly proud of are a Diploma of Communication and Media (multi–media strand) from the Canberra Institute of Technology (2004), and a Certificate in Social Sciences from The Open University (2006).
My small business, through which I freelance, is named Opportunity Consulting after a song by Aussie singer-songwriter Pete Murray.
You will have gathered by now that I have fun with photography, web design, reading, and watching film and television – but no list of my interests would be complete without knitting and the imbibing of espresso.
If you would like to contact me, you can use a Comment form on any page or post, or feel free to email me: email@example.com
And if you would like to know more, here’s more!
- An interview I did with Divine Magazine.
- The Saturday Historical Novelist Interview with Christoph Fischer.
- A blog post on “Writing What I Know” as Featured Guest Author on Sinfully Gay Romance Book Reviews.
- An interview about Butterfly Hunter among other things on Prism Book Alliance.
- Charlie Cochrane interviews me about Mitch Rebecki Gets a Life and other matters – and also here about The Thousand Smiles of Nicholas Goring.
- A Quintette of Questions asked by the wonderful Narrelle Harris – and a second Quintette, this time focusing on The Thousand Smiles of Nicholas Goring.
- The combined results of many awesome conversations I’ve had with fellow writer AB Gayle.
- An interview I did with Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews when Of Dreams and Ceremonies was being released.
- An interview I did with the UK Gay Romance blog.
- An interview I did with the Boys In Our Books blog, for their Authors as Readers feature.
- An interview I did on Smashwords.
- An article on me by Rainbow eBooks for their Feel Good Friday feature.
- The full interview I did with Rainbow eBooks for the above article, now posted on Queer Town Abbey.
Other things I’m particularly proud of:
- Nomination in the M/M Romance Group Member’s Choice Awards 2013 on Goodreads, in the category Favorite All-Time M/M Author.
- Nomination in the M/M Romance Group Member’s Choice Awards 2014 on Goodreads, in the category Favorite All-Time M/M Author.