Blurb: Albert Sterne, forensics expert with the FBI, is so obnoxious on the surface that no one bothers digging deeper. When he’s sent to Colorado to investigate the work of a serial killer, he encounters Special Agent Fletcher Ash and they end up reluctantly joining forces to unravel the case. It’s only a matter of duty, though; it can’t be more, because Albert doesn’t do friendship – and he certainly doesn’t do love!
Genre: gay fiction; contemporary; love story; serial killer thriller; novel
Word count: 226,000
Awards and recognition:
- Runner Up (equal third) in the Rainbow Awards 2011, in the category Best LGBT Mystery / Thriller (original novel).
- Featured in Feliz’s Top 10 in LGBT Fiction in the Sunday Spotlight on Prism Book Alliance (original novel).
- First in LadyM’s Top Books for 2012 in the Guest Reviewer’s Top Picks for 2012 on Reviews by Jessewave (original companion anthology).
Available in eBook and paperback formats from:
- Universal Buy Link
- Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon AU, Amazon DE, and all other Amazon marketplaces
- Smashwords, where you can sample up to 20% before purchasing
- Barnes & Noble
- Google Play
- Apple Books US
- The Ripped Bodice
- and Bookshop!
Originally published by Manifold Press in two eBook volumes: the novel The Definitive Albert J. Sterne on 1 November 2010, and the companion anthology Albert J. Sterne: Future Bright, Past Imperfect on 1 February 2012. The Manifold Press paperback edition incorporated both the novel and the stories, reintegrated into one (long!) story.
Revised edition incorporating / reintegrating the novel and stories published by LIBRAtiger in eBook and paperback formats on 16 April 2019.