Blurb: Hilary Kent, a Londoner all his working life, retires to Wiltshire after an estranged cousin unexpectedly leaves him an inhabitable tower surrounded by an overgrown physic garden – and that’s when graduate student Tom Laurence suddenly erupts into his life, convincing him that together they can restore the ancient garden to its former glory. Tom’s cheerful friendship is the best thing that’s ever happened to Hilary and he’s perfectly content with that until, to his astonishment and confusion, it seems that Tom’s affection for him is beginning to grow into something more … something he feels he probably shouldn’t allow.
Genre: male-male romance; contemporary; May/December; novel
Word count: 70,500
- Eighth place in the Best Gay Contemporary Romance (William Neale Award) category in the 2013 Rainbow Awards.
- Nominations in the M/M Romance Group Member’s Choice Awards 2013 on Goodreads, in the following categories:
- Best Contemporary (genre)
- Best Friends to Lovers (theme)
- Nomination in the M/M Romance Group Member’s Choice Awards 2014 on Goodreads, in category Favorite All-Time Romance.
Available in ebook and paperback formats from:
- Universal Buy Link
- Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon AU, Amazon DE, and other Amazon marketplaces worldwide
- Smashwords, where you can sample up to 20% before purchasing
- Barnes & Noble
- Google Play
- Apple Books US
- Sea to Sky Books
- and The Ripped Bodice!
Available in audiobook format, narrated by Mark Steadman, from:
- Audible US, Audible UK, Audible DE, Audible FR, and other Audible marketplaces
- Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon AU, Amazon DE, and other Amazon marketplaces
- and Apple Books US
First published by Manifold Press on 1 May 2013. Re-released by LIBRAtiger on 7 September 2017.